A Promise of Forever

Rating: Four
Review:

"A Promise of Forever" by Pappano

My Thoughts....

This was another good heartwarming Tallgrass series by this by this author that I really enjoyed reading. I found the characters were very well developed, portrayed and believable in this unfolding story. "A Promise of Forever" will center "on two people’s whose lives have been affected by the death of George Sanderson: his stepson, Ben Noble and his best friends’ daughter, Avi Grant." I enjoyed reading this story that had some military,a well done plot, with some heartwarming characters. I think to fully understand this read it all, the reader should go back and read the series in order.

As this story continues on we find Avi who served with George Noble in Afghanistan is now home in Tallgrass visiting her parents, spending time with Patrica [who was George's wife] and she meets Ben. We find Ben tries not to have feeling for Avi with her having a military career and his place is only on Oklahoma soil, but as they spend time together ...will this turn into a passionate romance? Will Avi desire a family after all she has been through? Will she get over 'past survivor's guilt, and grief for fallen comrades?' Will Ben be able to forgive his mother for walking away from her family?
There will be great issues in this story for what each one should do. One person that I didn't care for was the mother Patricia, Ben's mom [which was well presented in another series] but I guess that is another story especially with the advantage she gives her son. Oh well!

In the end do we get a sweet romance from these two [Ben & Avi] in this small hometown? Well, to find out you will have to pick up "A Promise Forever" to see how well this author will bring it all out to the reader. I did like how this author was able to give us a read that portrayed a military life showing emotions and the struggles they may have to face in everyday life.

I received a copy through NOR in exchange for an honest review.