Thirst

Rating: Four
Review:

"Thirst" by Jacquelyn Frank

My Thoughts.....

This one was one a PNR suspenseful story line. The story was of a homicide detective [Renee Holder] with a witness claiming that a vampire attacked the victim. Now with unusual murder on her hands [the victim had vampire puncture wounds] she get involved in the their 'vampire world'. The vampires were definitely different than the regular ones that I have read about. These vampire got there energy from the sun[they feed off of human's energy and not blood]. Be ready for a long read as this story comes together as we find Renee a very strong and independent woman [sometimes too much]who dealt with some emotional raw connections dealing with a romance with Rafe DeSilva[who was a energy vampire]. Now, this is where I hope the story would pick up but what I was left wondering if I had missed something. However, I kept on reading and by the time I got to the end I thought this novel was a OK read especially if you are into paranormal reads 'with murder, romance, suspense, energy sucking vampires, sycophants who feed and murder humans to stake their feeding lust.' In other words the readers will see clean energy vs unclean energy sources. In the end will Rafe be able to protect Renee? This is where I say you will have to pick up this unusual read to see what all with happen to Renee, Rafe and those sycophants, Since this read was the first of 'The Energy Vampire' it will be of interest what the author has planned in the next series.